Suitable for tape speed alignment of Cassette Tape Decks using Frequency Counter and W&F Meter.
Only new TDK, MAXELL or TEAC 17u tape is used when recording.
Time Constant: 3180us + 120us.
Frequency: 1 kHz, 3 kHz or 3.15 kHz.
Frequency fluctuation: +/-0.01% measured.
Level: -10 dB re 0 dB 160 nWb/m @ 400 Hz for 3 kHz NAB tapes
-10 dB re 0 dB 250 nWb/m @ 315 Hz for 3,15 kHz DIN tapes;
-10 dB re 0 dB 250 nWb/m @ 315 Hz for Tandberg 1 kHz DIN tapes.
Duration: 5 min recorded at the BEGINNING of the Tape from 00 min 30 sec
to 5min 30 sec;
Click on the picture to enlarge
The 3kHz 1-7/8 ips Cassette is equivalent to Nakamichi DA09006A Test Cassettes
3 kHz or 3.15kHz 3-3/4 ips 9.53 cm/sec Speed Cassette is suitable for tape speed alignment of any Hi-speed Cassette Tape Deck.
3kHz or 3.15kHz 15/16 ips 2.38 cm/sec Speed Cassette is suitable for tape speed alignment of any Low-speed Cassette Tape Deck (e.g. Nakamichi 680ZX).
3kHz or 3.15kHz 1-7/8" 4.76 cm/sec Speed Cassette is suitable for tape speed alignment of any Normal-speed Cassette Tape Deck
GennLab Standard Alignment Cassettes.
1 kHz, 3 kHz or 3.15 kHz Speed, Wof & Flutter
The residual W&F of the tape itself is 0.022 % RMS WEIGHTED measured to NAB / JIB C5551 Standards using for playback the same MX5050 Reel to Reel tape recorder the tape has been recorded on. A few measurements of the same tape portion have been done using a Neutrik A2 analizer. The results from 0.008% to 0.036% averaged to 0.022%. A cassette reproduced using our Nakamichi Dragon showed 0.014% to 0.057% averaged to 0.035%.
1. International Air. No tracking number. Delivery target from 10 to 25 working days. Up to 2 items per a single package for combined shipping. $19.00
2. International Air. No tracking number. Delivery target from 10 to 25 working days. Up to 8 items per a single package for combined shipping. $25.00
3. International Courier with Tracking number (this option is NOT available for customers from Russia). Delivery target from 5 to 10 working days. Up to 8 items per a single package for combined shipping. $49.00. Please note for courier delivery the shipping address must be written in English. Provide your shipping address written in English.
To add $19.00 Shipping fee click here
To add $25.00 Shipping fee click here
To add $49.00 Shipping fee click here
Cassette + cassette box. $69.00
Please note. These cassettes are 3 kHz FREQUENCY cassettes. They can not be used to equalize channel outputs or as Frequency Response cassettes
G e n n L a b
To specify Cassette Speed and Frequency click on the arrow below
Purchase price for the Cassette inclusive of cassette box $69. Please note Shipping fee NOT included
On completion of your PayPal shopping cart page, click on the "Continue Shopping" button. You will then be redirected back to your last purchase page.
The correct shipping fee can then be determined from the Shipping options listed below.
Shipping fee must be included when you have added the last item to your Cart
*Please note all prices are in $US. Your order can not be processed until payment has been made for shipping. Follow the instructions below.
Tandberg Cass. No.21, 1000 Hz, 1-7/8 ips - 4.7625 cm/sec Speed Cassette is suitable for tape speed alignment of Tandberg cassette tape decks
Please note, with Economy shipping listed above without Tracking Number , our responsibility ends at the post shop reception. We can E-mail the picture of the parcel taken at the New Zealand Post Shop reception desk and the Post Shop receipt showing the date and time of shipping, but no Tracking Number.
Please note, because New Zealand Post does not directly control all parts of the delivery chain, it cannot guarantee that the item will always reach its destination within the delivery target. Delivery to areas outside major cities, or where your item is dutiable or held in Customs, may take longer.
1-7/8 ips Speed Check Cassette samples
Cassette Tape Deck speed alignment
The tape frequency reading gradually drops slowly towards the end of 5 min. portion of the tape.
This is normal, and it depends on the deck mechanism condition.
To check your deck mechanism condition do following:
1. Read the deck Speed specifications (1-7/8" +/- ….%).
2. Calculate +/-….Hz tolerance from 1000, 3000 or 3150 Hz.
3. Playback ANY tape for 2 minutes to warm up motors and mechanism.
4. Playback the 1, 3 or 3.15 kHz Speed tape from the beginning of the tape for 1 min. Note the frequency in Hz at the end of the 1 min. portion of the tape.
Say this is the Frequency at the Beginning of the Speed tape.
5. Stop the deck. Flip over the cassette. The 1 min. portion becomes the last minute of the tape.
6. Playback the tape from that 1 min. position and note the frequency in Hz at the beginning of that 1 min. portion of the tape.
Say this is the Frequency at the End of the Speed tape.
7. Check if the frequency difference in Hz is within the deck's Speed specifications tolerance.
If not, a number of things could be the reason: too high back tension of the supply reel (dirty friction felt or misalignment), not enough friction in the capstan-pinch roller pair (dirty or dried out pinch roller), dried out capstan bearings lubrication, dried out and loose capstan belt, dried out motor bearings lubrication etc.
8. Finally, calculate the Average Frequency.
F average = (F beginning + F end)/2. Calculate the Average Frequency Deviation from the Tape Nominal Frequency. Deviation = F average - F nominal. Adjust speed of the deck to obtain minimum possible Deviation.
ATTENTION CUSTOMERS FROM RUSSIA!
Option 3 International Courier with Tracking number is not available for customers from Russia!
To order a 7-1/2 ips or 15 ips Duplicator Speed Standard Calibration Cassette choose the "Duplicator" option in the window below. Suitable for Speed alignment of cassette duplicators (Otari DP-4050C2 etc.).